10 Quick Facts on Arkansas Facility Master Plans
Arkansas North Endzone Expansion
New Baseball and Track Facility
New Basketball Practice Arena
Baum Field left field stands
Baum Stadium Right Field Stands
Outside view of Baum Stadium
Baum Stadium centerfield entrance
South Endzone Expansion, no more temp bleachers on top of SEZ
The University of Arkansas unveiled a long term facility plan Tuesday Morning. Some of the highlights of it include
1. Expansion of North Endzone. There will be an interior and exterior concourse connecting the East and West stands. New Luxury suites will be included and this will fully enclose the North Endzone. Bad news is that fans looking for a free outside look on the Northeast hill won't get that view anymore. The good news is this expansion will meet the needs of standing room only crowds. The football team will run through the club level seating area onto the field, similar to what the Dallas Cowboys do now.
2. A new indoor basketball facility that will include 2 full courts, a training room, and a museum area to show off the history of Arkansas basketball to recruits.
3. An Academic and dining area for all athletes
4. Estimated cost is $300 million and could take up to 30 years to complete. Money will come from donors and SEC TV Revenue
5. Larger concourses for Bud Walton Arena. Also, there are plans to make BWA a more attractive arena for concerts to come to Northwest Arkansas
6. Football operations center that will replace the Broyles Atletic Center. Operations center will be located South of Razorback Stadium on Razorback Road
7. 360 degree concourse for Baum Stadium. Also, Baum Stadium will become the first college baseball facility in the country to have club level seating in the outfield(left and right field). There will also be a centerfield entrance for fans.
8. Indoor practice facility for baseball. Indoor practice infield included
9. A 5,000 seat competition arena will be built for gymnastics, volleyball, and some other campus events such as fall graduation. This will take the place of many of the functions Barnhill Arena currently takes care of. The future of Barnhill Arena is under evaluation
10. Practice and training facilities for track. Throwing center for athletes included