Lattimore is the latest SEC star to be injured for the year
Week 8 SEC Preview
Ranking the SEC
1. Alabama- There was a time when the 3rd Saturday in October meant UT-Bama would give us a classic game
2. LSU- Tigers haven't seen a decent QB since the trip to Morgantown
3. Arkansas- Hogs looking to humiliate Houston Nutt on Saturday
4. South Carolina- Lattimore is out, but the Gamecocks defense is still good enough to win games
5. Auburn- Tigers get an ugly win over Florida. Can they upset LSU?
6. Georgia- Dawgs nearly lose to Vandy on a blocked punt
7. Florida- Hard to believe this program is so awful on offense
8. Mississippi State- Defense is playing well, offense is awful
9. Vanderbilt- Vandy has to win this Saturday against Army to keep its bowl hopes alive
10. Tennessee- The injuries are showing and this team is struggling
11. Ole Miss- 9 straight SEC losses by Nutt is the most for a Rebs coach since 1933
12. Kentucky- Cats had a week off to think about how horrible their football program has become
Week 8 Predictions
LSU 31 Auburn 10- Auburn can't pass the ball and Dyer won't be able to get many yards rushing against LSU
Arkansas 45 Ole Miss 21- Is there any question now that Arkansas made the right move firing Houston Nutt?
Kentucky 28 Jacksonville State 14- Jack Crowe will try and beat another SEC team like he did last year in Oxford. Wouldn't that be more than he beat while at Arkansas?
Vanderbilt 35 Army 14- Franklin gets win #4 to move 2 games closer to making a bowl
Alabama 45 Tennessee 7- Remember when this game meant something?
Best and Worst of the Week
Best play- Trent Richardson's 76 yard TD run against Ole Miss. Without a doubt a Heisman moment
Worst play- While USC's Marcus Lattimore is blocking his knee is crashed into and is put out for the season.
Awful moment for a great kid
Best game- South Carolina coming back late in the 4th to win 14-12 over Mississippi State. Connor Shaw had to
grow up fast on this drive
Worst game- Ole Miss with its biggest loss in 30 years against the Alabama Crimson Tide. Bad thing is that Ole Miss actualy led at one point 7-0
Best player- Trent Richardson with 4 TDs and 183 yards rushing this was an easy pick
Worst player- Barrett Trotter who continues to struggle going 2/8 for only 33 yards, but the Tigers did beat Florida
Best special teams moment- Spurrier taking a safety at the end of the USC-MSU game. It angered many gamblers, but it was the right call
Worst special teams moment- Georgia getting a punt blocked that should have cost them the game against Vanderbilt with 15 seconds left. This is why Spurrier called the take a safety play